The Corpus Christi Education Foundation (CCEF) hosted a reception on Wednesday, October 22, 2015, at the Lee Alumni Welcome Center at Texas A&M University-Corpus Christi. The foundation honors long-time partners who have supported CCISD students and educators through induction into the CCEF Honor Society, a means of perpetual recognition.
Since 2008, contributions from these donors alone have totaled more than $730,000 to fund scholarships and innovative educational programs that provide new learning opportunities for CCISD students. Those honored this year included the following businesses/individuals. Of these, Flint Hills Resources, CITGO Corpus Christi Refinery, and INSPIRE Coastal Bend Magazine received recognition as a member of the Superintendent’s Circle of Lifetime Members, and Flint Hills Resources was recognized as the foundation’s Donor of the Year.
The Superintendent’s Circle honors donors who have contributed $50,000 or more to the foundation, and now includes eight top supporters: American Bank Center, the Corpus Christi Caller-Times, Coastal Community And Teachers Credit Union, Optimist Club of Corpus Christi, Valero Bill Greehey Refinery, Flint Hills Resources (new), CITGO Corpus Christi Refinery (new), and INSPIRE Coastal Bend Magazine (new).
• AG|CM, Inc.
• American Bank Center *Supt Circle*
• BBVA Compass
• Bill’s Sparkling City Charter
• Borden Insurance
• Buckeye Texas Logistics / Trafigura Terminals
• CITGO Corpus Christi Refinery *Supt Circle*
• Coastal Bend Community Foundation
• Coastal Community And Teachers Credit Union *Supt Circle*
• Corpus Christi Caller-Times *Supt Circle*
• Dr. Scott Elliff
• Flint Hills Resources *Donor of the Year*
• Friends of Mary Helen Berlanga
• Gentry Company
• Gignac & Associates, L.L.P.
• INSPIRE Coastal Bend Magazine *Supt Circle*
• Linebarger, Goggan, Blair & Sampson, LLP
• Family & Friends of the Late LCDR Rick Mead
• Nueces Charities Incorporated
• Optimist Club of Corpus Christi *Supt Circle*
• Stripes LLC
• The Port of Corpus Christi
• The Roy Miller Class of 1959
• Thompson & Horton, LLP
• Trafigura Terminals LLC
• Valero Bill Greehey Refinery *Supt Circle*
• W.B. Ray High School Class of 1973
• Memorial Honoree: Mrs. Margaret Ragus
• Memorial Honoree: David ‘Poco’ Falcon
This reception occurs annually for our honorees on the evening prior to CCISD’s State of the District. The annual State of the District is the single, largest fundraiser benefiting CCISD students and educators hosted by the Corpus Christi Education Foundation.